Monday, July 02, 2007

July 2007




This month: G. David Swartz



G. David Swartz

When We Kissed

When we kissed
Time did not exist
We went walking
Through the ages
Back into the future
Talking 'bout the things we have yet to do
Together, me and you
When time did not exist


Plastic Surgery

Plastic surgery won’t help me
I have a face like a grunt
It’s my only face
Worn every place

Even if I don't want
Plastic surgery is an oxymoron

Don't taste like plastic nor
Is it obviously shorn

It’s just a word like most
To confuse the host
Plastic surety is more like it
To tell a face to get with it
And not top be burnt up
In and out of love


You Are An Extremely Interesting Person


You are an extremely interesting person
Always something to say
Yet never ever bolting
My thoughts away
In fact you make me think more
Of what I want to seek
In your face or anyplace
We may happen to meet
You are an enchanting woman
With wisdom as well as beauty
And as you cause me to think more
You become more beauty
No you aren't and yes you do


YES I ARNT AND NO I DO


I just know that I don't know what to say
And that is quite a thing not to not know
But you know who really cares
Besides you and me?
I once said no to your yes
And that caused a big why not
And I had little to so
'Cept think and so I thought
And thought and though then sought
So seeking I saw and caught
Not the answers to our problem yes our problem
So I simply sat and sat
And now, this huge now
Huger than a cow
And of course than a horse
Sat I down on cold cold ground
Not making a solid sound
Yet not definitely too quiet

We talked of your parents and my sisters
Death does take us all
But you and I are still alive

And plan to be for a while

G. David Schwartz - the former president of Seedhouse, the online interfaith committee. Schwartz is the author of A Jewish Appraisal of Dialogue. Currently a volunteer at Drake Hospital in Cincinnati, Schwartz continues to write. His new book, Midrash and Working Out Of The Book is now in stores or can be ordered.
Check out my book on Midrash

No comments: